Never miss a
Sign up for our
Air heat with solar energy, a new approach in electricity
|Description:||At present, both efficiency and output of solar thermal power plants are quite low and it's a big reason behind the high cost of kWh electricity produced in present day solar thermal power plants. The other reason is the high cost of maintenance of array of reflectors. But, this cost can be reduced to less than 1/3rd of the present day level. The way is using atmospheric or psychometric heat along with solar heat. The way is very very simple. Evaporate the water with the help of a vacuum pump in such a way so that the latent heat of vaporization of water comes from the atmospheric heat and then heating the vapor produced in this manner with solar heat. It can be easily calculated that in a steam at temp 300ļC produced in the same manner as that of present day thermal and solar thermal power plants; latent heat of vaporization of water is about 2/3rd of the heat consumed by water in this process. By vacuum evaporation of water, the latent heat of vaporization of water comes from the atmosphere and heating the vapor by array of solar reflector would need 1/3rd of heat necessary before. Therefore, with just 1/3rd of the amount of solar reflecting arrays, we can get same efficiency and output. And in night too, less heat reserve will be necessary to run the power plant.
The possible customers are electric utility companies and big production facilities which need their own electricity plants. As fresh water and salt are two byproducts of the process, countries of middle east and North Africa and such areas and island living communities, where fresh water is a costly commodity can be greatly benefited from the technology.
Advantages of this technology are:-
1) As much less solar reflectors are needed, the electricity produced by this technology will be cheaper than that produced by other solar thermal technologies available at present..
2) As much less solar reflectors are used, therefore it takes much less area to construct in comparison to the other existing solar thermal power technology and also much less cost to operate.
3) It can be made with present state of technology. No engineering or scientific breakthrough is needed.
4) This technology uses the embedded heat that is stored in the lower part of the atmosphere. In effect it is a part of solar energy falling on earth. Thatís why basic source of energy is unlimited and there would be less pressure on depleting reserves of fossil fuel like coal, oil, gas etc.
5) Salt and fresh water are added bonus to this technology, if seawater is used.
6) It can be source of low cost air conditioning for buildings of close proximity.
|Need from others:
Need Business Partners
|I need capital at present for prototyping and testing of the idea and patenting. After the patent has been granted, no further investment will be needed. Then the technology will be licensed to prospective licensees against licensing fee. As I don't have enough capital at present, therefore the partners have to take the responsibility of prototyping and testing. If they wish, they can do that by themselves without me, I will hand over all data against a signed NDA.|
|Author:||alogycu from India||Posting reviewed by:||556 users|
|Country of business:||whole world||Published on:||05 May 2012|
|Region of business:||any||Posting ID:||3857|
|Business Sector:||energy||Image:||Not available|
POPULARITY & RATINGS11%
Rate this posting:
Air heat with solar energy, a new approach in electricity by alogycu , 05/05/2012 , 556,
Air heat with solar energy, a new approach in electricity by esefapo , 06/04/2013 , 422,
RELATED BUSINESS PLAN SAMPLES